Monday, June 2, 2014

The Adventures of Tinder


Okay, I vouched to not date anyone from online again, especially with the whole point of this blog. But rules are broken all the time. Kinda gets boring if you don't break the rules.

Let's talk Tinder. YES, I admit, I tindered. A simple app with no detailed form you have to fill out for your profile and some survey that is going to help define who your potential matches are. It was just others in your area around you that you either think are potential or not. No real profiles to read, it really is based off looks to be honest. And for all of you people who want to insert your complaints here of how shallow it is, etc. Get over it! IN reality, we do it in person. We are human and you are attracted to who you are attracted to or not. There is someone for everyone, So get over it!

While browsing the Tinder 'catalogue' I came across some serious cuties in the city FYI! I swiped some to the left 'NOPE' and some to the right 'LIKE'. Most conversations went no where, but there were a few that lead to a conversation extended to text or even a meet in person.

My first date off the app; well, he was a cutie. We had a ridiculous amount of shared friends. That's what started our conversation. So he said, lets just meet, and we did. Well, meeting in person, here is where 'Online vs In Person' comes in to play. Pretty sure he was gay. My gaydar was flashin', yup. Conversation was good, but we both knew there wasn't more. We did that "Have a great night" goodbye that stands for 'great to meet you, but this is going nowhere.' And we never spoke again. But at least I got that one out of the way.

The next; oh the Italian. lol Yup I kinda have nick names for all of them. Referring to someone by a scenario with a relatable title helps. Especially when talking with my best friend, she can remember all my stories by their title and not their names. You know you all do it! I called this one the italian because he literally was the poster boy for the stereotypical italian. In a good way, not insulting by any means FTR. He was the wine lover, well dressed, longer dark swave hair, foodie and dedicated to his family. All of the above I was attracted to. However, in person, I couldn't count the amount of times he talked more about himself than anything else. At first I could discount it, cause we were just meeting and getting to know each other. That's what we do. But went out for lunch another day, with many of conversations on the phone in between, and still the same. When I say he talked about himself, I also am referring to him literally talking about his hair, his legs, his stomach, and so much more. The icing on top that ended it for me, is how he became the typical guy that completely changes once I let the cat out of the bag about how I enjoy sex as much as I do and can be really comfortable talking about, joking about it, etc.  It becomes the only topic with them. It gets so tiring. I mean I am flattered that he was all turned on by me and our conversations, but what happened to the real conversations we were having, at least sometimes? For example "Good Morning. Hope you have a great day. I'm hard thinking of you." Really, you couldn't just stop for a second and just leave it at have a good day? Does sex ALWAYS have to be brought into it? I'm bored of the same sexual lines over and over.

The third one; Pictures were hard to judge him by to be honest. But I think it was our similar likes and one of his pictures that caught my attention. A photo that showed me his music, which was what started our conversation. And sure enough, he turned out to be quite the musician actually. Pretty well known in fact. But that wasn't revealed till later, which in itself I appreciated. Staying humble was attractive. Our conversations over all were great, so we decided to meet. Well we closed the restaurant down talking for so long, then the bar that we attempted to continue our conversation at, then kept going in the car, then my place for a while. Shush. Yup maybe we hooked up the first night, and there is a whole other blog post on that night already posted, so I wont get into it here. He was in town for only a short while, not from here. Life happened, things got in the way, for both of us really. And we never had the chance to see each other again before he went back home. However, he's kept in touch here and there. From that date I honestly take as a great opportunity to meet someone fun and have great intellectual conversations with, and honestly he reminded me of how I need to focus and stay dedicated with my own passions, right when I needed it too. I can honestly say, that is why we met. Various people come into your life and sometimes you think it is for one thing, but the lesson  turns out to be something else entirely. As for commitment, in reality, I wasn't looking and I wasn't ready for it if it was offered. So I appreciate that opportunity to meet him and the fun we had.

There was another, but he is not worth my words on here, accept to say it's really too sad how people think the need to lie is a way to get to get someone. When the truth always comes out, why waste people's time and just be 100% honest. My BIGGEST pet peeve is someone not being honest, no matter what the price.

So my thoughts on Tinder. I find it helps the ego a little when you need a boost. ha ha Adventurous is certainly what it can be. Consider this a tip, log on and shorten your radius in areas where you enjoy hanging out. That in itself will help define some of the people you meet off there. You may meet someone more your type and literally while you are already out doing something you love. i.e. I literally logged on at  hockey game at the dome. Figured my options would be pretty awesome for a girl at a hockey rink. I was thinking I may even meet them right then and there that night, since we could both be in the same place. Why not? It was kinda a test. However, who I ended up chatting with was someone from another NHL team (not a hockey player, just someone from their team who organizes them) and were in town for a game against the Flames. So the people you can meet can surprise you and you never know who you may actually really connect with.

No comments:

Post a Comment